Aftercare Tips following your Eyebrow Treatment
Cosmetic tattoos can enhance your beauty and self-confidence, but proper aftercare is crucial for the best results and our team will always give you some specialised after care advice depending on the type of treatment you have. Here’s a quick guide though to help you take care of your new cosmetic tattoo:
Initial Hours Post-Procedure
- Keep the Area Clean: I may advise you to apply bepanthen cream straight after the procedure or wait 5 days. There are different healing methods.
- Avoid Touching: Minimise contact with the area to prevent infection. This incudes keeping your hair away from the area
- Follow Instructions: Follow the aftercare instructions given to you on the day of your procedure. It is very important you do to ensure proper healing and pigment retention on the brows.
What to Avoid
- No Makeup: Avoid aplying make up for 2 weeks directly on top of brows. You can apply around the treated area.
- Certain Skincare Products: Skin care that contains Gycolic acid, Vitamin A, AHA and any harsh exfoliants should be avoided. This will damage the tattoo.
- No swimming or saunas: Stay away from pools, saunas, and steam rooms until fully healed- approx 2-3 weeks
- No brow tinting: Avoid tinting services for 3 weeks post brow tattooing/microblading.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Protect the tattoo from direct sunlight for approx 2-3 weeks. Once healed, it is recommended you use a sun block to prevent premature fading.
Recognising and Handling Complications
- Watch for Signs of Infection: Redness, swelling, or pus are signs to seek medical advice.
Remember, proper aftercare not only ensures the longevity of your cosmetic tattoo but also keeps your skin healthy and beautiful. If you experience any unusual symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact us or a healthcare professional.
Have questions? Contact us today. We are located in Narellan, Gregory Hills, Menai and Pyrmont.